8/06/2006

For Anjali. For Ajay. Many love!

I've been good.
Have made the best i could of very busy days organising my ever-growing staff into doing fruitful work. They have responded with crazy vigor.

I've managed to find a flat for my parents. Cheap, large, marbled and ready to move in. Bought it. Parents refuse to move in. Let's say they refuse to move out of where they are, of where they have lived their past 50 years and have planted coconut trees and are used to eating the mangoes that grow in their backyard and pluck a juicy lemon right before a lazy lunch. Change is traumatic.

Have been grappling with the loss of my music teacher.

Have also met some of the most committed and aginst-the-orthodoxy (of the regular NGO world) people - who have revived my faith in the devpt sector. Some people are really answering their calling.I've been travelling, training, writing position papers, getting large groups of people who hate each other to start to see the other end of the rainbow as their own...struggling but not failing. These are people who live in remote districts, having meetings with local village heads in lantern light and mosquito bites, many of them men whose families have started complaining of abject neglect, and many of them women who carry their tiny childern to meetings with the District Collector.

Just came back from the hills. The clouds brushed past the car many times on my way down to Delhi. I've been good, guys! Well, not thrilled but okay.

5 Comments:

Blogger ajay noronha said...

you doing good mona!...that must've been one hellavu shift! tho' the loss your parents feel must be just so deep!..big hug to you and glad to hear all excited n happy...smooches!

9:14 AM  
Blogger anjali* said...

Thanks for the update dear. I guess old people are the same anywhere in the world, they want everything to stay the same. I just hope I won't grow old in that direction.

Keep up the work you're doing. God is looking after you.

Luv always. :)

2:20 AM  
Blogger samiranghosh said...

First time I'm reading your blog. Very well written the part that "Change is traumatic", but this is the only one thing that is permanent.

4:53 AM  
Blogger samiranghosh said...

First time I'm reading your blog. Very well written the part that "Change is traumatic", but this is the only one thing that is permanent.

4:53 AM  
Blogger Mukul said...

hey mona, send me your mail id, phone number at avimuk at gmail dot com

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home